elcome and thanks for your interest in having your event at First Church! We are the perfect place for elegant weddings, intimate and large receptions, social events, and musical performances. We are located in the heart of Los Angeles just minutes away from downtown LA, Hollywood, and Beverly Hills.
Tours are by appointment only. Contact the Wedding/Events Department for date inquiries or to schedule a tour at 213.355.5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all commercal Filming/Recording not related to a wedding or event, please contact our location representative:
• Our Minister or your Guest Minister can officiate your Ceremony.
• We do not take special requests for ministers based on gender. A male or female minister will be assigned to your wedding based on their availability.
• We conduct wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples.
• The organ may be used for the entire ceremony or may not be used at all during your ceremony. Only our organists are allowed play the organ.
• Your ceremony organ music selections are chosen from our provided repertoire list.
• Pre-recorded music is allowed if No Organ Music is played for your Wedding Ceremony.
Ceremony Package Includes:
• Ceremony space for 3 hours (for set up, ceremony, photos, clean up)
• Venue Supervisor (This is Not the Required Wedding Coordinator)
• Minister to officiate or participate in your ceremony
• One-Hour Wedding Rehearsal
• 2 Wedding Suites/Rooms
• Audio Technician, Microphones & CD Recording of Ceremony.
• Unity candle stand, candelabra stands, candles, gift table, kneeling bench, easel, communion table as needed
• Security Guard
• Facilities Support Personnel
• Free Parking
• Seats 800 main floor, 1000 with balconies
• Features dramatic neo-gothic architecture, the world’s largest working church pipe organ (over 23,000 pipes!), surrounding LED light options, high ceilings, large chancel area, stone flooring, 38 pews on both sides, stained glass windows, large rose window, grand piano, climate controlled, handicap accessible
• Interesting Facts: The Sanctuary has been featured in Mr. Deeds, Spiderman 2, National Treasure, Ugly Betty, The West Wing, Angel, 24, My So-Called Life, Scandal, and My Fair Wedding with David Tutera.
• Seats 100 main floor, 130 using balcony
• Features newly renovated draperies, artwork, flooring; LED light options, individual wooden chairs with cushions, stained glass windows, organ pipes on the balcony, grand piano, climate controlled, handicap accessible
• Interesting Facts: The church turned upside down would be an exact replica in size to the Mayflower ship that the Pilgrims used to come to America.
There are no pre-requisites for getting married at our church. We welcome inter-faith marriages.
Our ministers are happy to officiate your wedding. We require ONE pre-marital session to get to know you and work out the details of your ceremony service & find out what Traditions you’d like to include in your wedding. We do not take special requests for ministers based on gender; they will be assigned to your wedding based on their availability.
You are also more than welcome to bring your own guest officiant for your Ceremony.
FCCLA takes great pride in offering one of the finest and largest church pipe organs in the world. You can choose music from our extensive repertoire list for your ceremony service. Hear samples of wedding organ music here.
Outside vocalists and other live musicians are allowed, all outside music must be reviewed by the Wedding & Events Manager.
ur church has a variety of spaces suitable for indoor or outdoor receptions. From intimate garden cocktails to formal dining for 300, our spaces can be transformed to your unique style and vision.
Reception Package Includes
- Venue Spaces - for set up reception, clean up, breakdown included in Time Block (All receptions must end by 11pm.)
- Venue Supervisor (This is Not the Required Wedding Coordinator)
- Tables and chairs for up to 300 guests, cocktail tables, cake table, table number with stands, cake knife and server as needed
- Security Guard
- Facilities Support Personnel
- Free Parking
- Capacity: 250 seated w/ dance area, 300 seated w/ no dance area, 400 standing
- Capacity:200 seated w/ dance area, 250 w/ no dance area, 400 standing
- Capacity: 70 seated w/ no dance area, 150 standing
- Capacity: 60 seated, 100 standing
We have other smaller venue spaces, please inquire for more information.
In order to guarantee quality service, we work with a list of preferred professional caterers who can provide food, beverages, staffing, and rentals. They operate on their own fee schedule which is separate from the venue rental fee. They can provide you with sample menus. You can contact them directly regarding questions or to schedule tastings.
Licensed outside caterers are allowed for an Additional $1,500 Buyout Fee. Food Trucks ARE Permitted with Limited Access.
• 4 Seasons Catering
Contact: Mike or Polly
(213) 745 7077
• Banchan a la Carte
• First Street Cuisine
• La Maria
BAR SERVICE - First Street Cuisine (626) 252-6757
Alcohol Consumption at FCCLA IS Permitted: Wine, Beer, Champagne & Hard Liquor may be served as long as it served EXCLUSIVELY by First Street Cuisine. They will pull ALL necessary permits & they are Fully Insured. Clients OR their Guests ARE NOT PERMITTED to Supply/Bring/Drink their own alcohol, if observed alcohol will be confiscated.
We have held numerous performances at First Church, including the annual LA Bach Festival since 1934 and various other choir, orchestra, and band performances. Our Sanctuary is an ideal space with a capacity of 1000 attendees. Shatto Chapel can hold up to 130 attendees with amazing acoustics. Green rooms are available for 1-300 performers. Our Organists are available to play the organ and all pianos and harpsichord are tuned regularly.
Click here for Performance photos
Past Organizations Include:
Youth Orchestra LA (through LA Philharmonic)
Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles
Pacific Boys Choir
Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles
Los Angeles Korean Musicians Association
Korean American Foundation
Equitas Dance Academy
American Theatre Organ Society
AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts
Special Event Inquiry Form
Please fill out the
and submit to email@example.com or call 213-355-5240 for a price estimate.
For filming, please contact:
We’ve been featured in wedding websites like Style Me Pretty, theknot.com. You can also see us on “My Fair Wedding with David Tutera,” Season 5!
Please contact the Wedding dept. for dates of availability and general wedding inquiries.
(213) 355-5240 office
(213) 487-0461 fax
Mr. Craig Kraynick
Wedding and Events Manager
Craig Kraynick has over twenty years of experience producing, managing, designing and coordinating events. Under his direction, the Wedding and Events team works tirelessly to bring the Church alive with weddings, concerts, and other special events.
Mr. Larry Dusich
Larry Dusich is our part-time Events Venue Supervisor. He will be assisting Craig Kraynick, our Wedding and Events Manager, with overseeing all Concerts, Graduations, Recitals & Special Events.
Weddings Venue Supervisor
Erica takes the lead on all weddings, running and overseeing day-of as well as rehearsals. She also plays an integral part in the behind-the-scenes, daily administration of the department.